Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Kuta Theater

Kuta Theater Entrance

Kuta Theater, The Unbelievable Show

it was a warm Saturday evening. my watch showed the time already reached 7pm Bali time. had already my dinner & had no idea what to do that evening (was a long time to be in Legian). I set my mind to Centro Shopping Mall on Kartika Plaza, might find something chill. my steps stopped as I saw a big sign on the edge of the street. it wrote "Unbelievable Theatrical Show". never had an idea what was in it. seemed worth every penny. then I asked to a man with a red mask, stood just by the sign, he was the doorman. "it's a theater illusion show, mate. come and see!" while he told me about. still had no idea. I watched the TV instead, and I got his message ;)
Kuta Theater Balcony

the doorman delivered me upstairs where I could see the whole show & of course bought the ticket. USD 10 for a ticket, for an hour show with full of action, the doorman convinced me.
the show started at 8pm precisely, I picked a middle row seat, where I felt comfort to see the whole show. it was entirely free seat to choose & that evening there were lots of spectators, around 100.
The Legong Dance in Kuta Theater Show

the show begun with a balinese traditional dance then it was totally different. a mixed twisted story of a modern life with balinese touch and magic. yupp magic! they zipped in the magic touches & tricks with dance, drama & Bali's plot. clever tricks! I couldn't figure it out how they run the show, and mostly the magic tricks. the magician vanished three dancers in a box. with just a slight wave of hand, those three girls were vanished right in my very eyes. absolutely worth every cents & dime to watch this show.

The Viewers

the story ended when the girl & the guy re-united again, and happily ever after. the magician, dancers & the crews bowed, saluting "good bye". it was never felt it was already 60 minutes. decided to rush out to the doors, the dancers & the magician waved us, they were so friendly indeed. I saw happy faces, big smiles after the show. great work mate!
the spectators were amazingly from around the world, Aussie, German, French, Russia, Korea, Japan, China and some Malaysians, and I haven't saw any frowned faces.


with the Dancer

and the day after, I saw the dancers walked around the block. I greeted and cheered her, but of course it won't be good without a photo.
she gave me a free photo session. well surely I will be here again next time, where the magic comes alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment